What is Microblading?
How is Microblading Different than tattooed eyebrows?
2. Microblading artists use pigment vs ink. Pigment has a thicker consistency while ink is more watery in texture and tends to have more staying power. Microbladed brows can last up to 3 years before fully fading out. The longevity of your brows will depend on skin type and lifestyle. People with oily skin and/or big pores will need touch ups more often as well as people who are more frequently exposed to the sun and/or tanning booths. I recommend a touch-up every 6-8 months to keep your brows fresh.
Does it hurt?
Topical numbing cream is applied before the treatment begins to minimize discomfort. Everyones pain tolerance is different though, as I've had some clients fall asleep during the treatment and others clenching their fists. If you've survived waxing, plucking and threading, you will be just fine :)
What should I expect during my first session?
What happens at my touch up session?
Is there any down time after treatment?
I have a wedding coming up in 2 weeks can i get them done before?
What is the maintenance like?
How do I care for my new brows?
Following aftercare instructions carefully will give you the best possible results and longer lasting brows! An after care sheet will be given to each client to take home after their procedure with instructions on how to take care of your freshly bladed brows. The aftercare is pretty simple and will yield great results as long as you don't break any rules!
1. 48 hrs. after the procedure Coconut oil should be applied to your brows once a day to prevent them from drying out.
2. Do not get brows wet for 10 days. WHAT?? I can't shower for 10 days?? No… just apply extra ointment before hopping into the shower to protect the brows from the water.
4. No direct sun exposure
5. No make-up or product on or near your brows for the first 7-10 days.
6. Do not pick, scratch, or peel the healing area.
Can everyone be Microbladed?
No, please let me know if you have any preexisting medical conditions, as your health and safety are my top priority!
You are not a candidate for semi permanent make-up if you are/ or have:
1. Pregnant or nursing
2. Undergoing chemotherapy
3. Diabetes- Type I & II
What can I do to prepare for my appointment?
1. Avoid plucking, waxing, and threading your brows for a couple weeks leading up to your appointment, the more hair i have to work with, the better. Any hair that falls outside of your desired shape will be removed at the appointment.
2. Do not drink stimulating beverages such as caffeine, alcohol or energy drinks the night before or day of your treatment.
3. No sun tanning for three days prior.
4. I recommend waiting at least two months before botox patients receive microblading treatments to ensure proper skin expressions. Botox may be continued after treatment.
5. Avoid any skin rejuvenation treatments for at least four weeks before your appointment.
6. You can wear makeup to your appointment if desired. I will remove all makeup on and around brows at your arrival.